Pass a plant on!!!!

• 4 replies
Pass a plant on!!!!
« on: March 12, 2009, 11:50:09 PM »
Hears an idea. Why not make newspaper pots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mAVnTUWx6E), plant them with seeds, wait for them to grow a little and either plant them guerrilla style, or pass them onto someone you know. By passing them onto others you will help people know the thrill you can get from growing plants/ your own food. Even if they live in a flat they can benefit from this. The more people we can get interested in growing plants the better the world will be.

Pass a plant on can help the environment we live in a more pleasant place to live, increase wildlife, decrease food miles, decrease carbon emissions and by passing plants onto others it could help strengthen a community, or just make someone?s day. 

Be the change you wish to see! :)

Re: Pass a plant on!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 12:41:12 AM »
I do it all the time - I reckon most people on here do. For me, living in the sub-tropics it is easy - things self seed, I pot them and pass them on.  I paint fancy designs on the left over plastic pots you get when you have bought plants, plant something else in them and give them as presents. I put other spare seedlings in my son's garden - he has not developed an interest in gardening himself.

My next GG project is to plant out some self-seeded passion fruit vines against a mesh fence surrounding an area of subsidence in some nearby scrubland.  I'll probably throw a few seed bombs over the fence to the no-go area. I can already imaging the place blooming with sunflowers - from a cheap bag of parrot food.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 10:56:43 PM »
Hi guys is it still pass a plant on even when the plant is atree (sycamore)  ??  :-\i do hope so for the past few years ive been potting on all the tiny trees that start off growing in among the rest of my plants  and giving them away to good kind owners ive even been known to go out planting them in the local area. I have to let them grow i just cant let them die .Ive still got ten waiting to go to a new home . They are yearlings/two years old any ideas????? ;) ;)
Drink deep and never thirst

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 11:43:09 AM »
That is really a great idea. Let's
encourage every one to plant a
tree.  Share all your ideas and tips
and steps on how to do it.  ;)

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 10:22:05 PM »
 ;) Well ive been and gone and done it ! What i hear you ask, ive taken a couple of my two year olds and planted them in morcambe it felt soooooo good
Drink deep and never thirst