Downtown Miami Intrusion

• 7 replies
Downtown Miami Intrusion
« on: March 10, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »
After finding this site I actively went looking for space in Downtown Miami to launch an offensive. I'm hoping to actually plant at a number of sites. The main one is just east of Freedom Tower and north of the Miami Dade Downtown campus. There is a stretch of disused train track that run right through the area, past the site of the old Miami Arena and on towards the Port of Miami. There is actually ample unused green space surrounding said track. I'm doing more research in terms of if it's city municipal land or not, but honestly? I'm not sure it matters else I wouldn't be posting here.
In Fearful day in Raging Night
With Strong Hearts full our Souls Ignite
When All Seems Lost in the War of Light
Look to the Stars Hope Burns Bright

Gadrel

Re: Downtown Miami Intrusion
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 12:06:35 AM »
  Would you want any plants to plant in Miami? I have some really cool plants like Acacia's and others that are perfect for you climate that I can just send you to plant out. They are drought hardy and since they belong to plants they call nitrogen fixers they make their own fertilizer so are bullet proof plants. If so let me know and I can send you some to try and see if you like them and let me know how they do. Great wildlife habitat too as lots of birds like the thorny acacia trees to nest in, and they keep gangs and vagrants away! Can't beat that! CYA...G

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 03:02:33 PM »
you might want to check on the internets--I saw a proposal to turn that stretch of track into a "pedestrian park" or something. don't know how serious it was, but keep in mind they might rip out trees.

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 06:06:29 PM »
I am in if you are still up to it.

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 11:36:04 PM »
Hi guys,

I am new to Guerrilla gardening and would like to get involved in the South Florida region.
Is there anybody currently active in the area?

Regards,
Jack

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 04:23:36 PM »
anyone in the miami downtown area interested in doing a different area for each art basel night (Dec. 1-6, 2009)? i know a couple of lots. Anyone??

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 09:37:54 PM »
Okay folks,

June 26th 2010.

I know I failed in getting this going, it appears life did not permit. Yet here were some shots of the land. Also, adamold? Nothing seems to have come from that talk about turning that track into a pedestrian walkway (one of the reasons I held back).

I've also noticed that this area is frequented by homeless, so my hope is to maybe put down plants or trees that can be used by the folks there. I want to do all this 26th of June, under the full moon. I hear transplanting is good for that time. I'll be putting down perhaps two banana trees. I'll also be putting down some seeds. Would love to see folks come out. Just pm me if you're interested.
In Fearful day in Raging Night
With Strong Hearts full our Souls Ignite
When All Seems Lost in the War of Light
Look to the Stars Hope Burns Bright

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 03:36:45 PM »
i have a good amount of seeds for some gardening.  i have alot of free time and am really eager to look for some spots and start some gardens.