Hammersmith/ Fulham

• 17 replies
Hammersmith/ Fulham
« on: March 01, 2009, 10:00:36 PM »
Hey anyone up for doing anything in the Hammersmith/ Fulham area? Let me know, I am happy to contribute to someone else?s idea or get in touch if you fancy helping me out.

Re: Hammersmith/ Fulham
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 11:25:50 PM »
Ok! I?ve just done my first guerrilla garden project.

I had planned to do a big patch of bulb and seed planting but couldn?t wait to get started, so I nicked the neighbours window box! I know this might sound a bit odd but this planter had apparently been only growing grass for the last two years. It had to be done.

I knocked on the owners door and when no one answered, I grabbed it and ran back into my flat :) It?s situated on the ground floor, next to the entrance to the flat. Good location, I can water it if it is needed and since it faces the street everyone who walks past can benefit from it?s beauty.

So I drilled some holes in the bottom as it was very waterlogged, cleaned out the grass and planted a few bulbs and seeds. Once done, I popped it back on my neighbours windowsill and ran back in (at this point they had returned home and felt a little bad for nicking their stuff).

I?m guessing that they might notice the pot no longer contains a collection of grass (I hope this does not freak them out). Hopefully when the flowers show they will enjoy them. Should I leave them a not in their mail to explain what I have done or leave it as a present?

Will post pictures once things start growing!

I bought 100 flower bulbs and a box of mixed flower seeds (enough to cover 15m x 15m) from Pound land, only a quid each!

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:03:33 AM »
I love it! Very bold. I'd say definitely do nothing at all now (except a bit of weeding if necessary) until the flowers appear. Until that point your grass growing neighbours may not quite see the wonder in what you've done, in fact it's best still if they first take credit for the flowers themselves if they do notice them, believing that neglect is actually the key to successful window boxes! The worst that will happen is they plant the window box themselves in the next few weeks before your plants have appeared, but that sounds unlikely given the long term neglect... a great example of how knowing the local situation means you're more likely to succeed. What were the bulbs and the seeds you used?

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 04:40:48 PM »
I'm living in the Fulham area and would love to get involved with a troop as soon as possible.  Anyone up for getting their hands dirty next week?  Any idea of some places that need some green love?

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 04:01:44 PM »
Thanks! I can't wait to do more! I used Anemore de caen (poppies), Liatris spicata and Iron cross. I also used a yellow flower mix..  It may end up a but crazy but if it looks too overgrown I will cut it back.

vanessah I still have a load of the above bulbs and seeds left over. I was planning to hit the spot on that I have my eye on. How about Thursday night, a week today? It will have to be around 10pm and shouldn?t take us too long. Interested?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 07:22:14 PM by vegveg »

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 09:56:18 AM »
I live in the Hammersmith area, and would like to respond to the call to arms (and spades). My sleaves are ripe for rolling up, to get stuck in.....any ideas? I'm around to follow the Easter bunny next weekend if that works for anyone?

V

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 10:26:55 PM »
I am also interested in some guerilla gardening in the Hammersmith/ fulham area. Are there any plans for anything soon? I would love to be part of improving the area. I will keep an eye out for potential sites.

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 09:10:20 PM »
I'm new to ealing and would love to get involved in guerilla gardening in the west london area.
I'm not experienced in this field although I have kept houseplants for many years and a few pot plants over a few years which seem to have survived and I do have some spare bulbs.
I  have spotted two areas that need attention (in Ealing and in Hammersmith).
would be great to meet you wonderful ealing/west london people for a dig or something, maybe a pre dig meeting??
Amrit

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 10:39:22 PM »
Hey there ...

So, what's happening around H&F, any movement in the camp? I would be keen to get involved..

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 10:27:37 PM »
hi I could be. if you are doing anything near Fulha m Broadway. Wish Wandsworth had spent more on greening up the borough instead of spending thousands on cameras!  Gosh that Wandworth Bridge road walk to Wandsworth Town station is just awful.

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 01:24:50 PM »
I live in Ham'n/Fulham but not much doing this time of yr.  Anyone interested in a spring strategy?

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 08:33:31 PM »
yep, count me in for a spring strategy, but i am a little preggy so will only be able to do light work.
Just let me know where & when etc, evenings/weekend would be better for me.
Thanks and happy bloomin new year!
Amrit

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2020, 11:57:53 AM »
Hello

We are looking to do a lot more guerrilla gardening in Hammersmith and Fulham. Please join our local WhatsApp group chat if your interested. We are currently working with the council to start new projects in wake of COVID-19.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/Cgga34UdaCYBAr7Hjbs7tJ

Many thanks
Shafali

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2020, 04:44:31 AM »
We would love to participate and learn! Is there any guerrilla gardening in Michigan? We'd like to start one here in Kalamazoo! Thank you so much for the opportunity!
-Victoria
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 06:40:01 PM by Niloufer »

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2020, 04:25:04 AM »
We would love to participate and learn! Is there any guerrilla gardening in Michigan? We'd like to start one here in Kalamazoo! Thank you so much for the opportunity!
-Victoria

Yes!  Us too, we would love to start one in Midland, Texas. 

-TrevorH
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 06:33:44 PM by Niloufer »

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2020, 08:46:14 AM »
동대문마사지

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2020, 03:41:27 AM »
It would be absolutely great to do guerilla gardening in Michigan!

CoreyZ -
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 06:35:06 PM by Niloufer »

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2020, 02:21:34 AM »
yeehaw!! Love this stuff!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 06:34:38 PM by Niloufer »