• Gartenpiraten@GrueneWelle!
Brooklyn - Bushwick
« on: November 20, 2006, 01:41:58 AM »
check out www.treesnottrash.org !!!

juju

• Gartenpiraten@GrueneWelle!
Re: Brooklyn - Bushwick
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 08:51:40 PM »
this pic is from a dig on jefferson street in bushwick about 3 weeks ago. the dog in the middle of the freshly put down lawn is far from being an innocent bystander (or onstander). in fact, when the human gardeners put the instant lawn pieces down, the dog came along, laid on his back and rolled around, smashing the grass down as to assure good root contact with the soil...
but of course everytime i got my dirty hands on the camera, the dog was done for that section...

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 08:01:39 PM »
when i went to brooklyn last month i saw a coffee shop that was selling "trees not trash" t-shirts and now i want to make the miami version of it.  we just had our first meeting and we decided to make our group name "trees-0-5"(305is our area code).   

my question is, do you guys make the tshirts? or send it out for someone one to make it? how much do you guys selling it for?

green will only die, if you let it.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 05:27:58 PM »
Hi Marion
Three (0-5) cheers for Miami.  Here are some thoughts about T-shirts.  Great idea.  I know the Community Gardens in New York make these and sell them, they spread the word, raise funs, make people feel more of a team, enable people to support you beyond just gardening.  Adam at the Clinton Community Garden gave me a couple when I visited him in September.  As for prices and production, well I can't speak for Trees Not Trash, but your T-shirt idea and the name sound great, what fun. Try and make the product affordable so word is spread, but of sufficient price to cover costs and perhaps put some money in your gadening kitty too, and seriously consider making it of sufficient quality so it respects the environment and ethics of production... this is a huge debate, fair trade, organic, cotton or not etc and one I have so far avoided because I'm busy working out other stuff.  I have made T-shirts before for other projects  Most of the effort goes into sourcing the shirts not the printing. You will have different local suppliers to me in the UK but I recommend finding a really good shirt that fits your values and people will be more enthusiastic about buying it too.

Richard