Roots of the Grove Garden - Coconut Grove

• 4 replies
Roots of the Grove Garden - Coconut Grove
« on: February 20, 2009, 06:11:03 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm helping a group in the West Grove start a community garden but don't have much gardening experience. We need people like you to join us and get it going.

We could however start by planting things on the ground, that are not edible and do not need to be on a raised bed and that won't be in the way of the fence.

A friend of mine and I are gathering trees and plants. We would like to start digging very soon, even this weekend. We need guidance and people who are really into gardening and composting.

On another note, we started composting and are planning a "composting workshop/party" on March 7th. As soon as I have more details, I'll pass the information to you guys.

So is anyone interested in helping us out??
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 03:31:16 PM by granola mia »

Re: Roots of the Grove Garden - Coconut Grove
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 12:05:25 AM »
If you are just viewing the post or browsing around, just leave me a note...

One thing to add to my previous posting:
If you don't know much about gardening and would like to contribute with the garden, you'd be more than welcome as well! It's not only for those who have years of gardening experience...

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 12:14:34 PM »
hey; how your community garden is going???  ;)  ;)
wish you luck from my side..
i can volunteer my self coming this march '2011 in Sydney  :P
the fun can be doubled (meeting with my boyfriend and off course can enjoy gardening there)
i don't know much but passionate about gardening...
let me know in case you need me at darlene.hill19@yahoo.com

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 02:19:39 PM by Niloufer »

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 06:23:54 AM »
List of South Florida Community Gardens

I'm trying to put together a list of community gardens in South Florida. If you know of any, I'd appreciate it if you could email the name of it, the approximate address and any contact info.  Email to: mikemoskos AT gmail.com.

By the way, the local produce and grass fed animal products part of list is done, if you want a copy, just send me an email.

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 04:41:00 PM »
If anyone reads follows this thread and knows a way to get in contact with someone from the Roots in the Grove community garden, please email me: mikemoskos@gmail.com. I'd like to get involved with the garden. I have tried all over the internet, been to the garden 8 times so far, but still can't find anyone who's involved with it.