Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2018, 04:20:32 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  USA
| | |-+  Texas
| | | |-+  Houston, Texas
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Houston, Texas  (Read 28464 times)
Teri
USA GGs
Troop

« on: August 08, 2006, 03:57:08 PM »

Any guerrillas out there?  Houston has so many areas that could use beautification...
Teri
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 06:21:36 PM »

We are getting a small group together for a project! Send me a message if interested!
rob
Troop

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 09:22:42 AM »

Teri

At one of the larger London digs earlier in the summer a whole bunch of friends came over from Houston and dug in Stratford. I know they would be interested in doing something. I will ask them to register and get in contact with you.

Rob
Teri
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 03:20:16 PM »

Fab-u-lous, Rob!  We are organizing for Sept. 1, with some pub action after. 
chelle
Troop

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 08:47:12 AM »

i know someone perfect for the job.. ill see if i can get her introduced to the site
manicReality
Troop

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 04:39:48 AM »

Hey hey, sorry it took me so long to get here... been moving myself and my stuff and my plants to the new House (with a yard) and teaching gardening classes... so what is this project in september? and does it require any satsuma orange trees???
manicReality
Troop

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 04:59:00 AM »

what's going on? what is this project for september? shall i start some seeds, or what, what is your idea?

and have you heard of urban harvest? (www.urbanharvest.org) -non profit-

anyway... hit me back
manicReality
Troop

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 05:31:56 AM »

This really sucks, i was hoping to meet up with some people who were ready to do stuff. I suppose I'm still on the same track I've been on....by my self
Richard _001
Founder
Troop

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 03:45:30 PM »

Hi there ManicReality.
You've put the word out, but yes so many of us just start solo, in time more will pop up, they'll find the community board and if you've clicked the "notify me of responses" box when you posted you'll hear about it.  For now it seems Texas is quite busy doing other stuff!
Richard

Seth Romo
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 03:45:03 PM »

Hey! New member here. willing to work with any upcoming projects. Anyone had anything in mind?
manicReality
Troop

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 02:41:15 AM »

wow, finally Cheesy   i have several baby satsuma trees  and lots of seeds, just came into a big chunk of time and want to get somethings ready for spring...not online very often need another way to communicate if you really want to help get some things done
manicReality
Troop

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 09:17:40 PM »

well i'm not sure how much longer i'm going to wait for someone else to help out with this.......
Chaba
Troop

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 05:55:24 PM »

Hello anyone still out there doing anything?

Message me. If not I'm doing the solo route for now!

Smiley

Chaba.
jim maas
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 12:54:07 AM »

Hey,
Just found the site, anything going onin the next few weeks?
acy
Troop

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 12:30:01 PM »

There are so many places in this town that are just... not pretty.  Come on, people!

I work downtown, and I see abandoned buildings all over with empty planters sitting out front.  I have a handful of caesalpinia pulcherrima (red bird of paradise) seeds started, but it might take a while to get them to a size where transplanting will be successful.  I also have a TON of yuccas, canna lilies and shrimp plants that I can dig up.  Any ideas on other plants that can tolerate drying out and survive neglect?

Is anyone doing anything?!  Helloooo! Smiley
Mo
Troop

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 08:51:57 PM »

Hi all

Just saw an article on Yahoo's homepage on Guerrilla Gardening read it and became fascinated. Clicked on the link browsed around and joined the forum. I love the whole idea of being rebellious while at the same time helping out the city. Im interested in joining the group with future projects and helping out in any way possible. Hope there are many more guerrilla gardeners out there.
ohasc1205
Troop

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 11:52:16 PM »

i did the same

lets start something
Chaba
Troop

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 05:51:41 PM »

Hello all!

I've been doing some seed bombing Smiley
Anyone up to anything soon?
I'd be up to get together and start planting!

Veronica
------------------------------

www.latimes.com/features/home/la-hm.0529.seedbomb-pg,0,5088922.photogallery?index=1
palygirl
Troop

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 02:06:23 PM »

I just moved to houston and am very interested in getting something done in this city.  In particular i think it would be great to start some sort of urban garden with late summer, early fall vegetable-- there are a lot of place we could do this.  It would be great if we could do something on washington...there are a lot of old abandoned lots with weeds growing-- maybe there can be some treets or shrubs or something else put there.

just some ideas-- let's get this rolling
Mo
Troop

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 07:48:38 PM »

slowly but surely this project is growing.
Diana H.
Troop

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 12:42:27 PM »

Hi, I am an older gardener, new to Guerrilla Gardening. My name is Diana.
There has been almost 1880 views on the Houston, TX board.
With that many interested, I thought there would be lots going on here!
I am ready, able and willing. Come on folks, lets get this ball rolling!
I have tons of seeds, lots of plants and tools, and would like to find willing guerrilla gardeners to beautify a few spots here in Houston. The more the merrier!
Make a suggestion, invite a few friends, bring your enthusiasm.
We can so this!! I have put my email on my profile, so I am easy to contact.
Looking forward to this.
Amelie66
Troop

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 03:38:02 AM »

There will be an informational class on Guerrilla Gardening in Bryan, TX. It is this Saturday, July 19.

http://barcamp.org/GardenCampBryan
Seth Romo
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 12:50:40 AM »

Anything going on now? email me at romos@stthom.edu
SW2Fiddler
Troop

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 05:03:54 PM »

New member, Southwest Houston / Alief area.
Let's do something this year!
palygirl
Troop

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2009, 03:58:41 PM »

I say that we set up a time and a place to get together and plan something for the May 1st event.  I just moved to Houston so I am not that familiar with good meeting places-- but I am sure there are lots of nice coffee shops/bars that we could go to, esp. with the nice weather.

Maybe we could start a Houston Facebook page for activity planning?  Anyone up for that?

SW2Fiddler
Troop

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 05:35:12 PM »

This is on the West side, but it's a nice coffee shop.
Dunn Brothers Coffee, corner of Eldridge and Briar Forest.
 http://www.dunnbroshouston.com
If we meet there, I can bring some extra Sun Gold and Mexico Midget tomato plants, free to a good home!
LauraW
Troop

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 10:23:48 PM »

Hi SW2Fiddler!
I recognize you from HoustonGrows.com, this is BayouCityGirl! Would you let me know if any planting plan develops here? I'd like to put something in over at HoustonGrows, but not sure whether that would defeat the purpose of being guerrilla about gardening! Anyway, good luck ... email me at HoustonGrows@chron.com if anything develops and you think of it!
Sungold
Troop

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2009, 06:49:42 PM »

I reside in Alief and I will like to know when and what time I can meet with you girls/guys. The Briarforest/Eldridge is not far from me I live close to the Westoaks mall.
sascwatch
Troop

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 11:45:01 PM »

Hey guys! What's the news? Do you have a group formed? I'm new to this site, just searched for guerrilla gardening in houston and this forum came up.
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length