Woodhouse Spaces

• 6 replies
Woodhouse Spaces
« on: February 19, 2009, 09:43:01 AM »
Hi,

I hope everyone is well.

I am seeing a lot of wasted, abandoned and free space around the Woodhouse area of Leeds.  I am wondering if there is anyone who would want to join me in making these spaces more enjoyable to be around in the near future?

I am thinking of cleaning them up and creating some beds and potentially turning some of the larger sites into unofficial allotments for everyone to use and enjoy.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Many Thanks

Re: Woodhouse Spaces
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 07:43:49 PM »
Hi there,

I live in Woodhouse and would love to do something of this nature!! Which sites exactly are you thinking of?

Laura

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 12:43:39 PM »
Laura and Matthew, maybe you should call in to Oblong http://www.oblongleeds.org.uk/ on Beulah Mount where a few likeminded souls are gearing up for the planting season.
Also we are in the process of organising a meeting for people interested in a permaculture/local food/community allotment (depending on consensus) project for a certain 'site ' off of Woodhouse Street.
As this will probably be a drawn out process,we are just going to get on with it anyway!

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 04:34:54 PM »
Hi,

Laura- I am thinking about a site near to the Chemic pub, It is just past the row of shops on the other side just up the hill if that makes any sense? It is a large space- in sort of an L shape. Do you know of any other sites that may be worth looking at nearby and down into the Meanwood valley?

John- Thank you for the link I will get on that right now- how soon do you plan to get on with it? I would definitely like to help where I can- perhaps merging my ideas and yours and see where that takes us?  Are there any sites that you think may be worth a look? Also when is best to drop in to Oblong?

Many Thanks.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 12:17:48 PM »
Matthew you can drop in anytime Mon - Thur 10.30 -5.30. Im usually around. I think we will be trying to ready the ground for planting over the next couple of weeks.
Watch this space.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 07:31:06 PM »
John - I will drop by Oblong on Monday, I am already a member of the food coop there so maybe I will recognise you.

Matthew - The site near the Chemic would really benefit from some green fingers; do you want to meet up to discuss? Perhaps at Oblong...

Hoorah!

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 02:15:39 PM »
Hi all,

I hope everyone is well

Apologies for silence this past week- I have been working pretty hard at Uni. We could meet up next week outside the Chemic one morning and go and see what can be done nearby if anyone is free/ still interested?

Also I intend to drop into Oblong one day next week if you would prefer to meet there?

Matthew