masters thesis about guerrilla gardening

• 2 replies

juju

• Gartenpiraten@GrueneWelle!
masters thesis about guerrilla gardening
« on: November 12, 2006, 06:06:40 PM »
dear fellow guerrilla gardeners,

i am (amongst other things...) a guerrilla gardener, community gardener and a student of sustainable land use in berlin, germany. i am currently working on my masters thesis about guerrilla gardening. at first i was going to write only about the movement in berlin, but the more i researched, the more i became fascinated in gg as a global movement.
my main focus is the political aspect of gg, the importance of gg for the start of community gardens and the different&common aspects/relation/ distinction between gg and community gardening. i also need to cover some straight up horticultural aspects. but i am still open to ideas and suggestions.....

so far, i did a few interviews in berlin and in new york (where i am right now), and i would love to talk to some more people from other places. any kind of help would be highly appreciated and, if wished, rewarded with seeds from my personally harvested seed bank of over 100 different plants.

we can communicate either via email (jajuju@yahoo.de) or i can even call you  when i am back home (december).

i will also post some pictures from our gardens in berlin soon...

i hope to hear from you, whoever you are...thanx in advance!

julia

Re: masters thesis about guerrilla gardening
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 04:05:52 PM »
Hi Julia

Good to hear from you.  Would love to hear more about what you're doing and tell you about what we get up to here in London, and around the world.  I'm writing a manifesto for guerrilla gardeners at the moment and am very keen to have input from around the world, so please do share with me your experiences in Berlin.  We so far have no recorded acts of Guerrilla Gardening in Germany on guerrillagardening.org - Basel Switzerland is as close as it gets.

Please e-mail me at richard@guerrillagardening.org to talk more

Richard

Re: masters thesis about guerrilla gardening
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 05:11:07 AM »
 I appreciate very much the idea of transforming all open brown spaces in cities or towns into green spots. And I have feeling a lot of sympathy for this initiative. I would be very happy if you will be posting the result of your work here.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:30:16 AM by gwencris02 »