Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 09:04:22 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  UK
| | |-+  Scotland
| | | |-+  Renfrewshire
| | | | |-+  Bridge of Weir Tree Planting
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bridge of Weir Tree Planting  (Read 4945 times)
Ewen Brown
United Kingdom GGs
Troop

Trench warfare is not for the true guerrilla

« on: January 26, 2009, 01:17:22 AM »

2009 and a new start. First project of the year is to replant the park in the middle of Bridge of Weir with trees. Trees that once stood proud within the Glen have died through disease and neglect. With the help of a local parks committee and horticultural society the aim is to add some interesting trees to the environment. I have purchased a few saplings for the project and as you can see, they are varied and interesting.

Drop me a line if you're interested in the project and I'll let you know how you can help.

Although this borders on Guerrilla Gardening concept, the idea is to do the job as quickly as possible with minimum of fuss. Once planted and protected with tree guards, the saplings should look after themselves.

Ewen

2   Hornbeam 12-18ins (Carpinus betulus)                              0.96p
2   Chestnut, Sweet 3-4ft (Castanea sativa)                             3.30p
2   Eucalyptus Gunni 12-18ins pot grown                                6.84p
2   Eucalyptus pauciflora niphophila 12-18in pg                   6.84p
2   Euphorbia amygdaloides Robbiae pot grown                     5.28p
5   Beech, Green 12-18ins (Fagus sylvatica)                            2.25p
2   Laburnum watereri Vossii 5-6ft                                           21.44p
2   Tulip tree 3-4ft                                                                            9.78p
2   Crab Apple, Golden Hornet 4-5ft                                         17.98p
5   Mountain Ash 2-3ft (Sorbus aucuparia)                            4.85p
5   Birch, Paper 2-3ft (Betula papyrifera)                               5.65p
1   Oak, English 12-18ins pack of 10                                      14.15p
    Total value of goods ordered:                                              99.32p
    Carriage charge:                                                                      8.95p
    Total value of order:                                                           108.27p
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 01:32:56 AM by Ewen Brown » Logged
Ewen Brown
United Kingdom GGs
Troop

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 07:23:11 PM »

Thanks my good friend for the excellent advice regarding trees, how to grow them from seed and where to site them to ensure maximum growing success. I'm in touch with the local council as of now to see if we can come to an arrangement. Wouldn't want them cutting down or strimming the saplings and young trees I want to plant.

Have a few other sites in mind and some friends close by who are willing to help out. Photos will follow once we've been in and out  Wink

The talk by Gay Search, the well known TV gardener down in Ayr, was cancelled due to the weather. Her flight from Heathrow was cancelled but we're hoping the talk will be rearranged for later in the month.

Ewen
Johnson
Troop

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 01:24:25 PM »

I wouldn't really be interested in this project but if you plan to do any guerrilla gardening in the area give us a shout. If not do you know of any guerrillas in the area.
Ewen Brown
United Kingdom GGs
Troop

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 10:50:42 PM »

This project is a little complex and that always comes with talking to groups of people about the pros and cons. It's taking time to configure as they say.

Where are you located? I live in Bridge of Weir but will travel. I have a few sites that can be utilised but want to keep it simple. If you want to meet up for a chat regarding the possibilities let me know.

Ewen
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length