I know it's January but it's never too, early to plan!

• 0 replies
I know it's January but it's never too, early to plan!
« on: January 02, 2009, 01:55:38 PM »
 Last year I helped start an urban farm in North Corktown, Detroit. It's like a large on-going guerrilla gardening project. We are building a sustainable garden using the principles of Permaculture to help jump start a local economy, feed ourselves and our community fresh foods. To maintain the project we sell some, to sustain ourselves we eat some, to sustain our community we give a lot to the food pantry. 

To elevate wintertime boredom we started a PermaCulture Study group, we meet on Weds. @ 6pm-8pm @ the Spirit of Hope Church, enter through parking lot on Trumbull go to the back door and come in. We are currently studying the book; "Toolbox for Sustainable City Living: a Do-it Ourselves Guild" by Scott Kellogg and Stacy Pettigrew

We are also doing some guerrilla bio-remediation in surrounding lots.
We have also done some guerrilla gardening in Angel Park at the end of Alter Road at the waterfront along the fences.

If anyone in our area would like to get involved contact us or come to a permaculture workshop/study group even if you have not read the book.

Thank you!
Peace, love, and biodiversity,
tuka
www.myspace.com/spiritofhope_farm