Bulb attack

• 4 replies

cannonsblazing

Bulb attack
« on: December 17, 2008, 01:40:40 PM »
Me and a friend planted some tulip bulbs (the few that survived a mysterious mould infestation...) by the university library in Lund, Sweden. It's a fairly trafficked location, but not one person stopped to ask what we were up to.

There's still time for bulb-planting! Go out and plant some bulbs!  :-*

Re: Bulb attack
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 11:24:15 PM »
Gonna try and make an image in some recently upturned soil alongside a road nearby, using yellow daffodils, snow lilies and some dark blue flowers. Either it will be a depiction of the sun shining down on a blue wave with white crests, a formless blob, or mown under by the city green crews.

Can't wait to find out which it's gonna be ;)

Note: there's a number of bulbs which have a planting time lasting till half december, or untill the first frosts. With the changed (warmer) weather patterns here in western europe, I think planting will be possible for quite some time.

cannonsblazing

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 06:38:36 PM »
Wow, sounds beautiful (well, as long as they're not mown under...)! Make sure to put some pictures here in the springtime :)

A couple of years ago, in the Lund univerity area, someone (not me) had planted crocus bulbs in a lawn. When they popped up, they spelled "kuk", which means "dick" in swedish. I laughed till I cried when I saw it! So crude and immature, and yet very beautiful  :P

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 10:09:30 PM »
Hehehe.

Bad news on my side though...I waited for an opportune moment to plant them in my busy schedule, then frost set in. So the ground is too frozen to dig in at the moment; hope they'll still come up if I plant them very early spring/late winter.

cannonsblazing

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 06:32:54 PM »
Darn it. But yes, they could still come up if you're lucky. Frost set in here as well, good thing I finally got my act together and planted my bulbs!

Keeping my fingers crossed for yours :)