Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 30, 2014, 10:03:12 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  USA
| | |-+  California
| | | |-+  Los Angeles
| | | | |-+  Van Ness November 23
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Van Ness November 23  (Read 3336 times)
bulbil321
Troop

« on: November 16, 2008, 01:47:10 PM »

We'll be working the Van Ness garden Sunday the 23rd at 10 AM. Email me at bulbil321@socalguerrillagardening.org if you have any questions.
bulbil321
http://socalguerrillagardening.org/

Ewen Brown
United Kingdom GGs
Troop

Trench warfare is not for the true guerrilla

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 12:25:12 AM »

Outstanding and well done. Love your web site, love the dream ............. if only I was closer. I have posted a link to your web site on the BCSS forum

http://www.bcss.org.uk/forum/read.php?1,117083

You might have a few Brits looking at what you do. Wish I was down the road to help I really do. Even makes me think about buying a plane ticket and coming over for a week or so to help.

Once again I take my hat off to you chaps and lassies, you're doing a superb job.

Ewen p.s. the photo was taken in Malaysia in 2004. You may see it on other postings but I don't have access to my archive photos the noo and I'm so excited I had to post a wee pic.

* DSCF4358.jpg (217.52 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 337 times.)
bulbil321
Troop

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 01:43:15 AM »

Hi Ewen!
I was reading another one of your post and saw you were offering Agave seeds. I'm not to proud to beg. Sooo, I'm wondering if we could work a deal out. Email me and we'll workout the details. I also read you wish you could come over and work with us. Let me know if your coming so we can get together and maybe go to a few nurseries and gardens. If you like succulents there are lots of places to see and buy them. I would also have no problem setting up a guerrilla gardening dig so you can get your hands dirty.
Scott
AKA bulbil321
PS I'm glad you like the web site. I try to keep it up but with a full time job and the gardening there's little time left to work on the web site.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 08:03:32 PM by bulbil321 » Logged

Ewen Brown
United Kingdom GGs
Troop

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »

Just thought I'd let you see some of my plants. Problem with growing cacti in Scotland is you need a greenhouse. You don't get that free root run that allows the plants to bulk up. Loved the video Scott where you were explaining how to keep succulents small. I do that all the time as space is a premium here and it's a great way of allowing plants to tick over so to speak.

Pseudolobivia's are superb. Are you able to plant out Lobivia Ferox Scott? Huge plants with big flowers  Smiley

* DSCF2103.jpg (139.85 KB, 922x1229 - viewed 331 times.)
Ewen Brown
United Kingdom GGs
Troop

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 08:30:29 PM »

Here's a group of Lobiva's and Psuedolobivia's I love these kinds of cacti. Echinocactus grusonii are easy to grow from seed too. You need any of them? Take your time with a reply, I know you're busy :-)

* Pseudolobivia_magic.jpg (126.69 KB, 914x842 - viewed 350 times.)
Ewen Brown
United Kingdom GGs
Troop

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 08:37:43 PM »

And now some of my plants in the greenhouse. The 2 photos above were taken with a red Fiat X1/9 behind, another one of my passions :-) The plants in this photo were a mix of my own seedlings and small plants purchased at shows etc.

* DSCF3699.jpg (246.21 KB, 942x747 - viewed 347 times.)
Ewen Brown
United Kingdom GGs
Troop

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 08:44:02 PM »

Mammillaria goldii which is almost as amazing as Mammillaria theresae. Probably a bit small for planting out in your large gardens but still lovely to look at

* DSCF3684.jpg (100.61 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 366 times.)
Ewen Brown
United Kingdom GGs
Troop

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 08:55:46 PM »

I'm a member of the British Cactus & Succulent Society but got a little disillusioned back in 2005 after seeing succulents growing in Spain outdoors. Confined to a greenhouse you just can't get the plants to their full potential but I think I'm happy again just to enjoy the flowers and have them as part of my life.

* DSCF0051.jpg (234.01 KB, 1004x753 - viewed 351 times.)
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length