Portland Active?

• 12 replies

Pan

Portland Active?
« on: October 05, 2008, 10:10:17 PM »
Hey Friends,

I'm checking to see if there is or might be any life in these forums, A group of people and I will be working on a couple projects soon. 2 for sure, plus 3 or so Maybe. If anyone that looks at these is interested just post up and maybe we can set something up.

Thanks!

Re: Portland Active?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 09:54:04 PM »
hello,

there's some life here. i'm in SE portland, near mt tabor. i'm definitely interested in getting some projects going.
what do you have in mind?

Pan

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 07:11:47 AM »
Hey, we're in the North East.
We set the time for the weekend after this so that we can make sure it happens.
We would like to plany Natives and possibly some Native edibles.
We're trying to find a spot that could use it at this point,
and i haven't had much luck in looking.
If you have any potential spots let me know and we could possibly meet there.
If not I'll go on a journey tomorrow to find something.

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 04:20:57 PM »
Greetings.

I am just West of Portland. I am interested in any projects someone might need help with.

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 03:43:40 AM »
I'm in northeast as well but am new to the community. I'd love to join anyone whose interested in doing a planting out here somewhere. Let me know when and where.
Ariela

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 12:22:02 AM »
Hi all,

My name is Ryan Kost. I'm a reporter with the Associated Press. I was wondering whether anyone was planning to go guerilla gardening sometime soon, and whether I might come along. I'm hoping to write a story about the guerilla gardening movement, or whatever it ought to be called. I can be reached at ryan.kost@gmail.com or rkost@ap.org. Thank you in advance for any help.

Best,
Ryan

Any groups in Portland?
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 09:43:59 PM »
Hi all,

Was curious to learn if any GG groups had formed in Portland. I'm very interested. Please e-mail me at tracy.ball(at) comcast.net if you'd like some help.

Cheers,
Tracy

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 11:03:45 PM »
I'm down here in little old Bend, but if there are any weekend events going on in Portland I'd be interested in coming up there to participate. 

And of course, if anyone is out there in Bend, I will be more than happy to join!  If I come up with any good projects here, I'll let you all know.   

Cheers

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 12:46:31 AM »
Found this site recently and like a lot of you, I am itching for a chance to do some planting. I definitely have a potential site. Just south of I-84 in the NE by the Hollywood 24 Hour Fitness there is a plot with a few shrubs, but there is still a lot of potential. I love the idea of sunflowers and this is definitely a spot that could use some cheering up.

This job would be pretty simple; requiring some seed, hand shovels, water, and some bags for some light trash clean-up. If anyone wants to join or would like to add to the project, I was thinking of going over May 1st for Richard's Sunflower day.

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 03:41:13 AM »
Looking for other GGs in the Portland area.  What's happening and where?  I want to get out there!

ifoundsleep

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 06:22:23 AM »
new to this but want to be involved. let me know pdx!!

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 08:13:24 PM »
I am in SW Portland near Raleigh Hills Park. I have already started a project. It is a large area hidden by blackberries between a school and a park. So far I have planted 4 pear trees. A lot more could be done. If anyone is interested in participating email me at kreg dot morris at gmail dot com.

Portland Active
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 03:50:33 AM »
Hey Tom, Im going to be up in Portland mon. for a repair.

Should be around the area, maybe I can meet up and skate with you?

if you check the site, hit my cell 541-660-2207 should be in Portland all day.
With nothing to do but wait for it repair to get done.