plant medicine

• 1 replies
plant medicine
« on: September 03, 2008, 02:02:05 PM »
Hi all guerilla gardeners - and thank you Richard for your inspirational book and website. I love to plant anything edible or fragrant or with healing potential in my backyard which isn't actually mine, I rent, but the landlord doesn't mind as long as I don't dig up his ornamental shrubs. Right now I have: tomatoes, potatoes, blackberry, blueberry, cranberry, mint, oregano, thyme, lavender, rosemary, all doing well. I also grow nasturtiums and Aloe Vera, and I like to leave the wild flowers to spread as well. I've always had an urge to do some 'guerilla gardening' and now I am inspired by the amazing posts I am reading on this site.

p.s. I've never had much luck with growing from seeds. I don't know why. I usually take cuttings from established plants, or young plants from the garden centres, or even herb pots from the supermarkets.

Anyway, I'll be looking out for places that need some 'plant medicine' in my neighbourhood.

Cheers.

Re: plant medicine
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 08:19:46 AM »
<grin> I like your attitude!

I also, tend to leave a trail of well-developed veggie patches and/or a few new fruit trees in every garden I've lived with. My gift to the world - a sort of accidental private  guerilla gardening