Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2017, 01:16:33 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  UK
| | |-+  Scotland
| | | |-+  Bargain Supplies
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bargain Supplies  (Read 5366 times)
Clairwil
Troop

« on: August 24, 2008, 05:16:53 PM »

Our chums at cheapo supermarket Aldi are getting in some bargain plants on 28/08/08.

3 packs of jasmine, clematis and passiflora ?4.99 and 2 litre pots of bay, mint ginger, lemon thyme, oregano hot and spicy, rosemary, sage icterina, sage purple and thymus doone valley for ?1.99

40 litres of rose, tree and shrub compost for ?2.29

Poundland is also doing packs of bulbs for ?1 a go and some at 2 for ?1.

Clairwil
Troop

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 09:42:19 PM »

I should also mention that ebay is a good source of seeds bulbs and cuttings. I've just bagged myself 100 crocus bulbs for ?7 inclusive of postage.
LOVESPLANTS
Troop

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 04:15:29 PM »

Lidl has planty/gardening things beginning sept 4th. I've got loads of stuff from them in the past and their plants are good quality and cheap.
Village Park Residents Association
United Kingdom GGs
Troop

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 08:27:49 PM »

Lidl are always good quality and the poundshops round our way are also selling potted plants at a quid for 2.

Get plenty of bulbs from our local council, we are doing their job really. Normally get a mix of 10,000 crocus and daffs followed by backache.
Clairwil
Troop

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 06:59:55 PM »

Free bulbs from the council! I could get used to that if not the backache.

However on the subject of free bulbs BBC Gardners World are giving away 200 bulbs (?4.25 p&p) this month. Get yours at:

http://plants.thompson-morgan.com/gwm

Quoting Ref GW968
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length