Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 09:40:25 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  USA
| | |-+  California
| | | |-+  Los Angeles
| | | | |-+  LA gardeners
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LA gardeners  (Read 17875 times)
Eli H.
USA GGs
Troop

« on: October 16, 2006, 06:34:59 AM »

Hey LA,

I'm wondering if all of the posts were erased in the October website disaster--or if urban renewal just isn't on anyone's mind these days.

I was hoping to join (or start if need be) a group focused on East LA and Downtown .  Echo Park Silverlake area are in dire need of some green, and I thought there'd be enough locals to start a group.  Anyone interested, or know of a group to join my email is ehorwatt@gmail.com

thanks

eli

UPDATE: I no longer live in L.A.! Please direct emails to another user.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 05:19:24 PM by Eli H. » Logged
mira
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 06:42:54 PM »

hi eli!
yes, i am in the same boat.  my stomping ground is also east/ south central la.  actually I live in k-town and work in south central.  i want to get something going here too.  i can round up at least a couple of people.  do you have any particular site or plan of action in mind?
billyjoekini
Troop

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 01:41:09 AM »

Hey
I live up by Santa Clarita, so I probably won't be able to work with you guys much or anything, but I was wondering if anyone had some info on what kind of stuff grows around here? What's native, what grows fast, what spreads fast, what's edible, etc.

my email is lindsaybellard@gmail.com if you'd like to email me there. thanks Smiley
tekno8abe
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 05:26:48 PM »

Hey, I'm in Burb-Ankh (I like to call it the suburb of life) and guerrillaed my apt. courtyard with some neighbors but would love to add to LA greenness if an event gets organized.
AmyChelle28
Troop

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 06:35:21 AM »

I also want to get involved in some gardening, but I live in West LA... I would garden anywhere though, every place needs plants! if any of you plan anything, count me in!  Smiley
journeyman
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 11:45:16 PM »

Hey everyone!  I'm down too.  I'm in Silver Lake and eager to start a project.  If anyone has one going email me at kyle@noojournal.com .   
diggraves
Troop

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 02:48:21 PM »

hello all,  i'm moving to LA in november and would love to get involved with anything that's going on.. i'll most likely be living on the east side.  is there anything organized at the moment?  any info would be much appreciated!

you can email me at: dig.graves@gmail.com

kiernan (graves)
terrabella
Troop

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 03:05:13 AM »

I'm in West L.A. and looking for a project....anybody out there who wants to collaborate??

Tanya Hadlock-Piltz
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 06:21:16 PM »

Hi!  I'm also located on the West side, and new to the whole idea of guerilla gardening (although I did work on an organic farm for a couple of months).
mewsicmama
Troop

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 01:14:14 AM »

And here I sit on the L.A./Orange County border.  Guess I will keep checking to see if there is anyone closer to me, as the vehicle I drive is a monster (great for hauling plants and supplies) that gets 12 mpg.  Unfortunately, we need it to pull our travel trailer.  If ya'll come up with something where you need a large truck (1 ton crew-cab Ford with a long bed and shell) let me know!  Maybe fuel and driving can be part of my contribution since I have disabilities which limit my lifting and carrying ability.  I can do smaller stuff, but have my husband, sons or daughter do the heavy stuff.  I'll keep checking!

Shari in La Mirada
rud_ken
Troop

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 08:43:29 PM »

I'm looking to do a project in East Hollywood mid June.  Scouting out locations and looking for people who are interested.  Let me know if you have ideas for location or plants.  Thanks.
davincidoodle
Troop

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 01:03:06 AM »

Hello,

I am interested in joining a G.G. group. I don't know much at all about gardening, but I want to learn with a team. I can be reached at davincidoodle@yahoo.com. -Kent
rud_ken
Troop

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2008, 07:15:32 PM »

I've found a spot!  There is a great area as you exit the 101 freeway Sunset exit.  I'm looking at either Friday June 13 or Saturday June 14.  I'm starting to look for plans of what I want to plant.  If you have plants or places to get them cheap or if you'd like to come out I can be contacted at rud_ken@hotmail.com.  Looking forward to my first Guerrilla Garden.
shawnharris
Troop

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 10:02:54 AM »

I think Eli's idea for Echo park is perfect, the area is a little desperate.  Anyone else down?
llj71
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 11:55:59 PM »

I'm in Long Beach and until I read the May 29th edition of the LA Times I thought I was the only person that did this type of thing. It's great to find a worldwide community of GG's.

http://www.latimes.com/features/home/la-hm-guerrilla29-2008may29,0,2094982.story
Weezy
Troop

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 08:50:45 AM »

I would love to help mid June in Hollywood or Silverlake/Echo Park area.  Please keep me updated when you need help.  I can be reached at tiffanyhaynes@gmail.com.
Tom Tom
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 09:57:05 PM »

im down for some gardening on the westside.
Mahakali
Troop

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 08:51:15 AM »

I'm a residence of Silverlake and a rookie to gardening but have been working hard to beautifying my little yard and neighborhood. I would love to join force in adding green to East of Hollywood mid June. Count me in!I can gather up my roomies and friends to help. I have about 4 or 5 troops to help this mission. Feel free to email me for the details and logistics. tiahem@yahoo.com
rud_ken
Troop

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2008, 03:28:40 AM »

Mission details have been released to Guerrilla Agents who have notified Mr. Stamen of their interest in upcoming Project Guerrilla Gardening set for mid June.  If you have not been notified please contact Mr. Stamen directly. 
Boris Price
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »

Hi.  I new to guerrilla gardening and I would love to participate in a  project.  I live in the Los Feliz area and I have time on my hands.  Lets do something soon.
rud_ken
Troop

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2008, 01:22:50 AM »

There will be a continuation of the June 14th mission on most likely June 26th.  I'll keep people posted on the details. 

Mr. Stamen
rud_ken
Troop

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 07:36:22 PM »

June 26th 7pm.  Wilton and Sunset.  contact me with questions.  Bring tools and/or plants.  If you have a water jug bring it full of water.  The land is ROCK hard.  Pick axes would be great if you have one. 
Greenhaus
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 01:30:36 AM »

I'm totally in on @ W & S on the 26th & bringing recruits...
I've got another area around the Argyle 101 Underpass
just below Franklin that could use some help as well...
Greenhaus
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 04:45:53 AM »

tomorrow nite???
still happening??
bulbil321
Troop

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 01:34:20 PM »

Yes!!!! It still on for tonight -- 7 PM. We did a little prep work and watering last night. The work we did on the 14th looks great. Lots of people, walking by, saying how much they like the garden.
bulbil321

bulbil321
Troop

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 01:35:55 PM »

I'm starting a new topic just for the Sunset site.
bulbil321
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 08:26:45 PM by bulbil321 » Logged

gg_los_angeles
Troop

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 07:31:34 PM »

hi, this is just a suggestion.  our freeways especially on the 10 is constantly updated with unattractive, filthy, deviant graffiti. our government seems to think the best solution is to repaint the walls every couple of months. it's very retarded. i think guerilla gardeners should take the war on to the freeway walls by covering them up with vines or blocking the view of the walls with large bushes or even trees. the deviant graffiti artists seek attention and views from the freeway traffic. if their mode of advertisement is blocked from public view, they will stop. it will save us tax dollars because the government won't have to repaint over and over and over again.
Sal Via
Troop

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 09:21:40 PM »

Yeah, some graffiti I can respect, but not the turf war, chickenscratch, pissing contest that goes on at the corner where I live.  I however, don't mind the guerilla graffiti artist that then comes and transforms all the "tough" gang signs into butterflies and other cute graphics.  It's ok though, there will be some GG vines planted there soon. Wink
quietearth
Troop

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 09:29:43 PM »

I'm downtown and want to gg this place. Any takers for a July planting? Downtown REALLY could use it... Shoot me a personal message by clicking on the green scroll icon to the left.

I've helped found a community garden, had private gardens, and scattered seeds on railroad tracks through the years. Thanks to everybody here for getting involved, it's a very cool idea.

p.s. I'd originally posted that graffiti can be a voice for the voiceless, a poor man's billboard, that I don't find it deviant, but more power to anybody sprouting seeds near walls... I removed it to avoid off-topic cross talk, but see now that someone responded. In respect to Sal Via's post, I've included my original thoughts here. Peace out to all. Let's plant seeds.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 02:21:35 AM by quietearth » Logged
Greenhaus
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 10:41:13 PM »

Quietearth...I'm in...have plenty of muscle/plants to contribute.
Keep me posted!!!

Check out our other mission...

www.laguerrillagardening.org
Greenhaus
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2008, 10:44:46 PM »

or just check it out under the Los Angeles Board on this site...subject: Sunset & Wilton

It's is still ongoing...& we can use all the help we can get!! Especially since this is just the first mission..plenty more to follow.
Greenhaus
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2008, 07:07:34 AM »

Hello...have some projects for downtown...it would be helpful to have some extra hands!!!!  So who's in?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 06:52:11 AM by Greenhaus » Logged
quietearth
Troop

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2008, 12:57:53 AM »

You know I'm in for downtown!
quietearth
Troop

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2008, 07:21:10 PM »

Hey, I started a new "Downtown LA project" thread. We're planting on Friday Aug 1, 8-9pm. Check out the new thread for more details. It's gonna be good.
rud_ken
Troop

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2008, 06:40:57 PM »

Project happening on Sunday morning  August 10th at 7am. Check laguerrillagardening.org for details.  You can also email warthog@laguerrillagardeing.org
Greenhaus
USA GGs
Troop

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 03:59:46 PM »

re:troop dig @ Cahuenga & Odin
well...that was a lot of fun!!!  Thanks Warthog for finding a spot that, it just so happens I pass daily.  A great group of people showed & worked very hard, including two youngsters that really impressed me with their efforts.   

Many more projects brewing...any one interested???
Oh!-pssums
Troop

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2009, 04:12:08 PM »

I want in, been looking forward to adding some more green to the concrete jungle. I already have some habitat restoration and trail work in the past, so my learning curve should be quick.  Contact me If anything is going down in LA county/Orange county.  The closer to Long Beach the better.

nck_nckrsn@yahoo.com
rolypoly
Troop

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2009, 07:39:13 PM »

You should check out
www.socalguerrillagardening.org

Scott manages that website and is in Long Beach.

You can also register with www.laguerrillagardening.org for updates on digs in your area.

Good luck!
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length