Columbus, OH???

• 12 replies
Columbus, OH???
« on: July 23, 2008, 02:50:07 PM »
Just learned about the guerrilla gardening movement and I'm so excited! Anyone else in the Columbus, OH area??

Re: Columbus, OH???
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 06:31:34 PM »
Well... I'm in Cincinnati... too bad for that hour or so drive, eh? well... we could think up something more loose to do?

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 12:39:36 AM »
Eastside of Columbus here.  I was driving around the other day and noticed how many empty lots are going totally unused.  Wouldn't it be great to garden these empty lots and donate the produce to local foodbanks?  The answer is YES, lol.   Anyway that is my plan.  The fact that the owner does not have to pay to maintain the lot or spend time doing it themselves hopefully will be payment enough to donate use of the land for gardening.  I'll have to start small.  Maybe someone will help, hope so. 

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 06:57:45 PM »
Hi. I live off of 5th between high and neil. There is a huge open space right off 5th just begging to be used for this purpose.  I'd like to get started ASAP. Anyone interested?

FYI, if you haven't checked out meetup.com yet, go there! It's a great free community resource and there are alot of people on that site that are environmentalists that would be interested in guerrilla gardening.

It's available for all folks in Ohio, including Cinci.

:D

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 04:10:24 AM »
I am getting into this movement ... I live in the n cols / n campus / old north area and am interested in cleaning and greening.

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 12:49:54 AM »
I'm in clintonville and am doing this.  Need to investigate spaces for planting and best plants. 

YES

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 11:06:27 PM »
I live just south of OSU campus.  Lots of urban space between Indianola and downtown.  No idea what plants are best here though, I'm new to this.

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 02:40:30 PM »
I'm in Akron/Canton, but I love any excuse to go to Columbus.

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 12:24:05 AM »
I'm in Clintonville as well, just north of campus. 

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 07:38:45 PM »
Hello,

I'm new to Columbus and would be interested in helping out. Was wondering if something had already been established. Would love to hear from anyone involved in GG in Columbus.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 12:45:14 PM »
Hey! I,m in downtown columbus and i would be interested in helping out!

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 07:08:23 PM »
hey whats good? I'm not really an enviornmentalist but this looks like it could be a lot of fun. I'm 21 and live in Upper Arlington, and am willing to host a meeting in my backyard. It would be really cool to get this done within the next month. I'll post prices and plants that could be used later. Contact me at Bhastie@student.cscc.edu if you want actually do something and make columbus awesome.

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 03:19:12 AM »
I know this topic is quite old, but maybe someone will see this.

I live in Columbus on the North side  (around Clintonville).