Corvallis

• 6 replies
Corvallis
« on: July 13, 2008, 07:19:00 AM »
Anyone in corvallis, i think i found a couple sites that i want to plant some veggies. Anyone wanna join in?

Re: Corvallis
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 06:01:24 PM »
Ok here some pictures of some potential sites. The first site is behind the goodwill on 9th st. and starker. The ground is pretty gravely, but there is some soil nearby and i'm sure some composting and free soil from craigslist and this could be a good garden. What do you think?

Left view:

Right view:

The next site is along a bikepath and is behind Power GM car dealership. The soil is decent here, but there is a lot of tall dead grass and weeds.

Left view:

Right view:

And finally a little patch next to the railroad, but in front of Power GM:

Anyone want to join in some planting?

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 06:14:59 AM »
It looks like i'll be starting on the goodwill site. Come on down any given night and i'll probably be there.

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 02:55:40 AM »
Here's the site:

The red is where there will be a rock border. The blue is the compost pile. The bag has coffee grounds.
I just planted some radish seedlings and i should have some more in within a week. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 01:10:40 PM »
Looks like a big spot! To bad I'm in so cal or I'd come out and help. I love Railroad track areas for gardens. I've found if you stay away from the tracks and plant in the nook and crannies areas the tracks create at street crossings the railroad will probably leave it alone.
bulbil321
bulbil321@socalguerrillagardening.org

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 12:21:37 AM »
Hi all,

My name is Ryan Kost. I'm a reporter with the Associated Press. I was wondering whether anyone was planning to go guerilla gardening sometime soon, and whether I might come along. I'm hoping to write a story about the guerilla gardening movement, or whatever it ought to be called. I can be reached at ryan.kost@gmail.com or rkost@ap.org. Thank you in advance for any help.

Best,
Ryan

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 04:24:55 AM »
Happy to say GGing is alive and well in Corvallis... several sites right down town and in surrounding neighborhood.  Photographs are on the way.