Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2017, 09:06:50 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  UK
| | |-+  Scotland
| | | |-+  Guerrilla Gardening Is Good For The Ego!
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guerrilla Gardening Is Good For The Ego!  (Read 3888 times)
Clairwil
Troop

« on: July 05, 2008, 12:26:52 AM »

Never in my life have I experienced such, praise, kindness and generosity from complete strangers as I have since I started cultivating my abandoned strip of land. As I'm working alone just now I garden in the light so have attracted curiosity rather quickly. Only two weeks in and I'm ?7 richer courtesy of two fine local pensioners which I've used to buy mint and a red cordyline.

Many of us in Scotland seem to be struggling to get a troop together but I wouldn't let that put you off. There's enormous satisfaction in going it alone and there's nothing like a bit of success to round up a few troops.
Richard _001
Founder
Troop

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 08:20:15 AM »

Great work, and yes, starting solo is the way to go if a group is tricky to come by. That's how I began anyway and I know a lot of others have - it's easier to gain support from others if you've got something to show for your efforts already. 

Clairwil
Troop

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 08:57:58 PM »

Cheers! Local reaction continues to be amazing. One of the local pubs is giving me water and one of their customers is offering free plants and cuttings. Not only that but staff and drinkers in the pub opposite are keeping an eye on the garden which was used as a dump until I started the garden. From the moment the first plants went in the amount of litter and rubbish dumped in the area dwindled to almost nothing. I'd recommend planting something in any grotty bit of land -yes you do get the odd human pest but the vast majority of people will find new respect for the space. This is really one of the best things I've done in my life.
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length