Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2018, 12:05:31 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  USA
| | |-+  Philadelphia
| | | |-+  North Philadelphia
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: North Philadelphia  (Read 3435 times)
johndope
Troop

« on: June 30, 2008, 12:40:51 PM »

Hello All. I'm glad to see that theres already people making attempts at this in my hometown. My heart goes out to anyone who has a successful guerrilla garden growing in philly already. I'd also like to know where it is so I can see it's beauty.
So to the point, which is that I think the part of this city that is most in need of plantlife and general revival of green life is North Philly. Please walk through north philly one day and look for vacant lots, huge pieces of open space, desolate lots with nothing growing except questionable looking grass and a shit-ton of philly litter. These lots are mostly fairly well sized and IMO ideal, maybe even prime, locations for guerrilla gardening. I also think that the less snobby, less yuppy, less "wealthy" people of north would be less upset by us going in and gardening, especially if we grew plants that they could eat.
I'm hoping that there are some others on here who are in for the guerrilla gardening effort in north philly. I think that place needs it the most and also has the most open space to offer. If anyone else is down to attempt this one please let me know and we can start staking out a few spots. I already know of at least 2-3 just below temple campus.
Peace Love and Planet Earth

Love your landbase. It will love you back.
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length