Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 02:06:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Welcome to the GuerrillaGardening.org Community, a place for guerrillas and wannabe guerrillas from around the world. Enlist with a username and password to share your guerrilla gardening plans, activity and advice. Find support or just go for it solo, sow the seed and get something growing. Click here to return to the home page: www.GuerrillaGardening.org

You can also connect with people at the GuerrillaGardening.org Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/guerrillagardening

TIP: To get alerts to replies to your messages click PROFILE then click "Look and Layout Preferences" on the left hand side menu. There is a check box to get alerts, and a check box to see recent posts at the top.

+  guerrillagardening.org
|-+  Regional Boards
| |-+  UK
| | |-+  Scotland
| | | |-+  Foxglove Catastrophe!
Pages: 1 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Foxglove Catastrophe!  (Read 6468 times)
Clairwil
Troop

« on: June 29, 2008, 03:35:23 PM »

I was planting a foxglove today when due to my own clumsiness I managed to snap the flower spike. I could cry -it was a real beauty.

Have I killed the plant or will it manage to grow another spike? Cry
LOVESPLANTS
Troop

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 11:40:04 PM »

Well did it?
Clairwil
Troop

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 09:05:24 PM »

It grew several!
LOVESPLANTS
Troop

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 11:05:37 PM »

hooray!
j-bar03
Troop

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 12:20:38 PM »

I too had a foxglove disaster - one was flattened by a falling bird table.  I propped it back up, leaning it on a plant pot for support.  I'm happy to report that it grew very tall with a rather fetching horizontal section.

geocacher, urbexer, guerrilla gardener, metal detectorist, amateur archaeologist, bookcrosser, comper, environmentalist, stay-at-home mum of 3.
LOVESPLANTS
Troop

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 09:43:05 PM »

Just to say foxgloves would normally grow as biennials meaning after they've flowered this year they will die off but collect teh seed and sow them you'll get plants this year and flowers next year. hth!
Clairwil
Troop

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 10:39:20 PM »

I've been collecting seed like mad from the flowers that didn't make. This time next year I will loathe foxgloves mark my words.
Pages: 1 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length