Calling Leeds Guerrillas, anyone out there?

• 9 replies
Calling Leeds Guerrillas, anyone out there?
« on: June 11, 2008, 03:27:15 PM »
I can see that digging has been going on in Leeds from the pics. I was wondering if there is any current activity? I'm moving into my new house in the Hyde Park area on the 1st of July. I'm looking for anyone who's up for some guerrilla gardening action...

get in touch

peace

Re: Calling Leeds Guerrillas, anyone out there?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 11:50:51 AM »
i'm in, just let me know where and when. got two trowels and a watering can to offer.  ;D

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »
nice one

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 10:16:46 AM »
I've just moved to leeds but have a bunch of friends who are up for some covert gardening. Just let me know where and when. I'm just getting my bearings at the moment.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 11:48:56 AM »
i'm thinking about locations for some autumnal bulb planting - post your possible locations here, so we can work out some dates. first two weeks of august are good for me!
i have two planters outside somerfield in headingley that need some attention, anyone interested? i've also spoken to two shopkeepers who will have posters and might give us some seeds... who's on board?
sorry, its a repeat -

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 09:21:06 AM »
i like the idea of autumnal bulbs. very soon we'll be able to purchase big bags of spring eg narcissus bulbs at supermarket and garden centre outlets and we should think about where we can drop handfuls of them followed by small clods of john innes. i'd love to see the lions outside the town hall clutching handfuls of tete a tete narcissus but i don't suppose there are any funny little holes anywhere near them. ideas for places to bulb drop?

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 03:28:03 PM »
I'd like to help with autumn bulb planting.  I've got tools and I'm not afraid to use them! 

There are a few places round me (Armley) which could benefit from a bit of colour.

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 11:25:31 AM »
right its autumn time has anyone decided a patch yet? I'm still finding my feet in leeds but ready to get my hands dirty.

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 08:52:25 AM »
am on the look out  ;)

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 06:14:33 PM »
I live around Hyde Park corner and I am very eager to get involved!! Where's the planting scene at?  :)